Pages

Tuesday 10 May 2016

Captain America, Volume 2 Review (Ed Brubaker, Alan Davis)


Cap has a nightmare where he regresses back to his pre-super soldier form - and then it happens in real life! And of course that’s when Hydra’s Serpent Squad choose to attack with madbombs - what’sa wimpy Steve Rogers gonna do?! 

No aspect of this comic interested me in the least. Seeing Cap losing his muscles and then regaining them was a foregone conclusion and everything else - Serpent Squad robbing banks, madbombs causing people to riot uncontrollably, Machinesmith in the background acting like a cut-rate Ultron - was pure blah. 

I’m also not a fan of Alan Davis’ art. I know some people really love his style and there isn’t anything technically wrong with it but whenever I see it, I know I’m seeing art from another era, ie. the 80s or early 90s, and it does nothing for me. 

Similarly Ed Brubaker’s script is fine it’s just the story is completely and utterly unengaging. Captain America, Volume 2 was as close as I’ve come to feeling like I was asleep while reading!

Captain America, Volume 2

No comments:

Post a Comment